[vdr] [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

Manuel Reimer manuel.reimer at gmx.de
Thu Dec 27 17:22:01 CET 2012

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> ...still considering what to do with the plugin configuration stuff. Currently I
> tend to
> put a "plgcfg" entry into vdr.pc, since apparently everybody wants this to be
> somewhere else.
> I'm just glad Linux distribution managers don't build cars - otherwise we would
> most
> likely be long dead before we find the brake pedal... ;-)

Distributors don't need global plugin configuration. At least not for any
distribution, I know.

The usual way is to have all stuff, that belongs to one "package", in one place.
Noone edits the build relevant stuff for the base "VDR" package if a new plugin
has to be packaged.

So: No need for global plugin configuration in this case.

To anyone who wants that "global configuration": Why do you need it and don't
you think an alternative way will do just as well?

Yours

Manuel