[vdr] [DISCUSSION REQUEST] reintroduce a common make configuration file in VDR-1.7.35

Christopher Reimer c.reimer1993 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 01:08:45 CET 2012

2012/12/29 Udo Richter <udo_richter at gmx.de>:
Even if there was
> an thread in vdr-portal, I did miss it, and there was no word of it in
> the mailing list, which I always considered to be the central spot of
> development.

Really? http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2012-November/026813.html
There was NO answer at all.

I don't consider the mailinglist as "central spot of developement".
Here I'm forced to speak English. Almost all VDR Users are German. And
in VDR-Portal I reach the critical mass. With the addition that I am
allowed to speak my native language.

> Right now it leaves the impression that the new system was
> designed to make exactly two persons satisfied for their needs.

Yes, I am happy with the new makefiles. I (and I think Klaus, too)
knew that this change is not perfect, and that it would need further
improvement.

We are all willing to fix the remaining problems.

Christopher