[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.24
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sun Feb 19 14:54:48 CET 2012
VDR developer version 1.7.24 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.7.23:
- Updated the Italian OSD texts (thanks to Diego Pierotto).
- Fixed a high load in case a transponder can't be received.
- Improved the way DVB_API_VERSION is checked.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed asserting there is a live programme if the primary device is bonded with
a device that starts a recording on a different band.
- Fixed the return type of cMyDeviceHook::DeviceProvidesTransponder() in PLUGINS.html.
- Fixed a crash in a plugin using cDeviceHook when VDR ends (reported by Oliver Endriss).
- Some improvements to the Makefiles (thanks to Christian Ruppert).
- Fixed cRecording::LengthInSeconds(), which wrongfully rounded the result to full
minutes (thanks to Christoph Haubrich).
- Symbolic links are no longer resolved in cRecordings::ScanVideoDir() (thanks to
- The epg.data file is now read in a separate thread to make the startup process
faster in case the file is very large (suggested by Helmut Auer).
- Fixed selecting the primary device for receiving the live viewing channel in
case it is bonded with an other device and has no receiver attached to it.
- Fixed a possible crash when canceling VDR while displaying subtitles, and the
primary device is no longer available.
- Improved handling subtitles of BBC channels.
- No longer using tabs as delimiter in the EPG bugfix log (they were garbled in the
- Added a missing '.' after the month in VPS strings.
- Added some missing 'const' to cDevice (thanks to Joachim Wilke).
- Fixed handling the PrimaryLimit when requesting a device for live viewing
(reported by Uwe Scheffler).
- Removed superfluous calls to SetVideoFormat() from device constructors. This
function is called in cDevice::SetPrimaryDevice(), anyway.
- An ongoing editing process is now canceled if either the original or the edited
version of the recording is deleted from the Recordings menu.
- The SVDRP command DELR now won't delete a recording that is currently being edited.
- Removed code stub for obsolete SVDRP command MOVT.
- The DVB device adapters/frontends are now probed by scanning the /dev/dvb directory
instead of looping through adapter/frontend numbers. This allows for "holes" in the
- cReadDir::Next() now skips directory entries "." and "..".
- Fixed a possible deadlock in time shift mode.
- Fixed switching into time shift mode when pausing live video (thanks to Reinhard
Nissl for helping to debug this one).
More information about the vdr