[vdr] RFE: Make VDR more friendly when using combinations of DVB-S, DVB-T and DVB-C

Henning Pingel henning at henningpingel.de
Sun Jun 17 08:47:20 CEST 2012

Hi,

As some of you might already know, I'm working on a way to
semi-automatically assign unique channel IDs to channels of different
DVB providers. As I currently don't have time to explain it in detail
today, I will just post some links and join this discussion later on
when I have more time to sit down and explain stuff. ;-)

The whole thing is based on Channelpedia, a sub-project of the yaVDR
distribution. It is a web-based channel string directory that can
contain channels from different DVB providers and DVB types. It stores
all data centrally in a SQLITE database. This makes it easy to work with
the data and generate lookup tables for VDR core or plugins.

Demos:
<http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/de_uniqueIDs2.html>
<http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/de_uniqueIDs.html> (JSON files
available for auto-assignment)