[vdr] Client/server implementation after VDR 2.0: Do not reinvent the wheel

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 1 10:31:37 CET 2012

Dear VDR folks,

as you might have noticed in the thread of the announcement for version
1.7.25 there is some ongoing discussion about a client/server
implementation for VDR which Klaus said to look at after the VDR 2.0
release.

I just want to throw in, that there are several programs already using a
client/server approach (MythTV [1], Tvheadend [2], …) and we should not
reinvent the wheel when designing the new implementation. That means
maybe folks having already used some of the other programs could write
down the pros and the cons of their implementation. Maybe even the
developers of these programs could be asked to comment on that and to
give hints.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Paul