[vdr] Client/server implementation after VDR 2.0: Do [not] reinvent the wheel

Gero geronimo013 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 1 17:02:51 CET 2012

On Thursday 01 March 2012 - 15:59:24, Eric Valette wrote:
> On 03/01/2012 03:31 PM, Gero wrote:
> > I don't know MythTV, but I tried tvheadend. It has a really attractive
> > backend, but no (working) frontend. Starting vlc from browser crashes the
> > browser and the frontend does not connect to backend at all.
>
> Say you've been unable to manage to do it ;-)

Sure!

> Im currently steaming forma dual tuner on two xbmc ;-)

xbmc is not part of tvheadend, so it does not count.
... additionally I don't want xbmc.
I want a small client like vdr-sxfe that simply works ;)

There are various solutions of C/S with vdr, but all are addons.
I don't see any benefit of tvheadend + xbmc against "my" vdr-setup.

kind regards

Gero