Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 18:22:29 CET 2012

Am 02.03.2012 10:30, schrieb fnu:
> You want to have a feeling how it feels, if a live buffer is the underlying
> central function in a PVR solution, just go and test MythTV.

I think the main objection against buffering was that for old FF cards,
this also forces transfer mode, resulting in additional lag and
bandwidth issues. Since HDFF cards AFAIK can split their stream on card
for live view and recording, this isn't valid any more.

Live viewing could be just like its currently, with an additional (RAM?)
recording running in the background, and VDR could jump to that
recording on rewind/pause key hit.

Cheers,

Udo