[vdr] Segfault in dvbhddevice

Lars Hanisch dvb at flensrocker.de
Wed Mar 7 22:21:09 CET 2012

Am 07.03.2012 21:43, schrieb Udo Richter:
> Am 07.03.2012 21:19, schrieb Richard Scobie:
>> I have found that adding a "sleep 5" to my startup script, between
>> survive five reboots.
>
> I'm doing an udevadm settle --timeout=30 after load/unload, haven't had
> any issues with that. Before I had that solution, I was polling for all
> devices to appear under /dev/dvb, before starting VDR.

  "udevadm settle" is a nice replacement for a sleep, something learned today, thanks. :-)

<Advertisement> ;-)
  This is where the dynamite-plugin comes in (needs a patch for the vdr). It creates device-proxies so vdr can start
without the actual devices. dynamite listens on udev and attachs the devices as they got created.
  This scenario was one of the reasons to develop that plugin...
</Advertisement>

  If the environment is not too fancy (device bonding is not tested by me, I have only DVB-C/-T) it should "just work"...

Lars.