[vdr] Local frontend - using XBMC strm vs vdr-sxfe

Jonas Bardino jonas at bardinosen.dk
Fri Mar 9 16:59:55 CET 2012

On 2012-03-09 16:34, Bio H wrote:
> i also have struggled for this holy grail
> xbmc would really be the ideal interface for me (just cant beat this
> flexibility - try playing a .bin / .img over a network which is .rar'd -
> cant do this on vdr)
> i like the xbmc plugins and flexibility, for the most part. :)
> for last few months i've been trying xvdr, but i have to say i have
> mixed feelings/results on this, and it's not very stable (from my
> experience)
> the deprecated vnsiserver/client has fallen off the radar by now... not
> many options other than streamdev/strm files.
>
> i found i kept getting warnings about insufficient buffers with the setting
>
> engine.buffers.video_num_frames:22
>
> , so i bumped that up to 35

I got the warnings, too, but ended back at 22 when it didn't make a
visible difference. This is on an Atom box with scarce resources, so ymmv.

> only other setting i'd suggest re-examining is the
>
> engine.performance.memcpy_method:libc
>
> at least on my system, kernel is faster. :)  autodetect should be fine
> for this... ?
> (it should test all of them)

I started out with auto detect but then set it to libc which it
selected. The start up delay for auto is probably small, so I guess it's
a safe bet in most cases.

Cheers, Jonas