[vdr] EEPG (was Re: Channel 4 HD on Freesat)

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 23:01:17 CET 2012

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:24:16 +0100
Lucian Muresan <lucianm at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Please forgive me for going off-topic, are you actually successfully
> using the EEPG plugin without segfaults? If so, which version, what
> sources? I dropped using it because it crashed my VDR every now and
> then,

I haven't noticed that problem. I do have to restart VDR every few days
anyway, because it has a memory leak. Disabling eepg didn't fix that
IIRC, and the leak hides from valgrind.

I use 'apt-get source' to fetch the eepg plugin from the yavdr PPA:

deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/yavdr/unstable-vdr/ubuntu oneiric main

The binary package is incompatible with Debian unstable, but that source
always compiles OK for me when a vdr upgrade makes it necessary. The
current version is 0.0.5.git20110719-0yavdr5~0.1.

I used to use the patch from here: <http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/>.