[vdr] in-kernel lirc and devinput

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Sat Oct 20 14:18:44 CEST 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 14:10:53 +0300
Jouni Karvo <Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi> wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions.
>
> On 18.10.2012 00:05, Tony Houghton wrote:
> > I prefer inputlirc to the original lirc. If you configure it to start
> > at boot and grab the input device it should stop X or whatever from
> > interpreting it as key presses.
>
> It seems easy, but when I moved to inputlirc, now I have the number keys
> but not the menu key and a few other keys.  They come on a separate
> event interface.
>
> I disabled both in hal and in Xorg both these iMON things, but it did
> not help.  The inputlirc config:
>
> # Options to be passed to inputlirc.
> EVENTS="/dev/input/by-id/usb-15c2_0036-event*"
> OPTIONS="-g -c -m 0 -d/dev/lircd"

Strange. FWIW I used to use the Hauppauge "grey" remote, but I replaced
that card and none of my other receivers came with suitable remotes (not
enough buttons etc) so I bought an HP MCE remote and cheap generic MCE
receiver bundle from eBay. It's certainly an improvement on the
Hauppauge, but it has one key that doesn't work, an "Enter" key near the
bottom (not the main OK key).

I tested it with inputlirc and lirc and it produced the same codes in
both. As inputlirc is simpler and seemed to have a better default
auto-repeat delay I stuck with that.

My inputlirc config is:

EVENTS=
OPTIONS='-g -n Media*'