[vdr] vdr-1.7.29 + h264 MBAFF

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Sep 13 23:15:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 13.09.2012 12:25, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> On 12.09.2012 17:19, Придворов Андрей (Pridvorov Andrey) wrote:
>> Progress display show correct time, but at the end play freeze.
>> Other player (on MS windows) play correct.
>>
>> Try http://rghost.ru/40326577
>
> It looks like the frame type is 0xF0 for *all* frames of this
> stream.
> But when I play it on my TT S2-6400 card, even though I can move an
> editing mark to every single frame, only every 10th or so frame
> is actually
> displayed on the tv.
>
> So my guess is, the frame types are not set correctly in this
> stream.
> 0xF0 seems bogus to me. So far I have seen only 0x10, 0x30 and
> 0x50 (IIRC).

Well, testing for the whole byte is not according to the specs,
as only the upper 3 bits denote primary_pic_type. So the typical
primary_pic_types are 0, 2 and 4 while 0xF0 yields 7.

primary_pic_type tells you, which slice_types (among I, SI, P,
SP, B) may be used to describe the picture, so one can derive the
MPEG1/2 I, B and P picture type meaning from it for the typical
cases.

primary_pic_type 7 indicates that all slice types may be used to
describe the picture, so the best match for a MPEG1/2 picture
type would be a B picture.

Hence, the byte value 0xF0 is valid and correct, but doesn't help
anyfurther to find independent pictures.

Bye.