[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.37
Klaus.Schmidinger at tvdr.de
Sat Feb 9 15:35:18 CET 2013
VDR developer version 1.7.37 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment. I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
Approaching version 2.0.0:
If all goes well, there should be no more functional or API changes
before the final version 2.0.0. There will just be a few more fixes.
The changes since version 1.7.36:
- Now also using FindHeader() in cMpeg2Fixer::AdjTref() (pointed out by Sören Moch).
- Added missing template for DVBDIR to Make.config.template (reported by Derek Kelly).
- The LCARS menu now also works if the OSD has only 1bpp (two colors).
- Fixed possible garbage in the remaining time of the LCARS replay display in case the
hours change from two to one digit.
- Fixed upscaling bitmaps. The last row and column of the scaled bitmap was not filled,
which resulted in empty lines between scaled subtitles.
- Fixed a leftover line in case a two line subtitle was followed by a one line
subtitle on the dvbhddevice in "high level" OSD mode.
- Returning 0 from cDvbSdFfDevice::NumProvidedSystems() if option --outputonly is given.
- The index file is now closed after initially reading it if it is older than 3600 seconds.
- Improved responsiveness during replay when close to the recording's end.
- Fixed a leftover progress display in the LCARS main menu when replay of a recording
ends while the menu is open, and the live channel has no EPG information.
- Fixed possible audio chatter when a recording is replayed to its very end.
- Added dependency on 'i18n' to 'install-i18n' in the VDR Makefile (thanks to Tobias
- Changed several calls to Skins.Message() in vdr.c to Skins.QueueMessage() in order to
avoid a black screen while such a message is displayed in case the channel will be
switched (reported by Uwe Scheffler).
- Updated the Slovakian language texts (thanks to Milan Hrala).
- Improved LIRC timing for repeat function.
- When pausing live video, the current audio and subtitle tracks are now retained.
- Added some notes about plugin Makefiles to PLUGINS.html.
- Avoiding an extra key press event if the repeat function kicks in when controlling
VDR via the PC keyboard.
- The new options "Setup/Miscellaneous/Remote control repeat delay" and
"Setup/Miscellaneous/Remote control repeat delta" can be used to adjust the
behavior of the remote control in case a key is held pressed down for a while, so
that the repeat function kicks in (see MANUAL).
The builtin LIRC and KBD remote controls already use these parameters. It is
recommended that plugins that implement an interface to any kind of remote controls
also use the parameters Setup.RcRepeatDelay and Setup.RcRepeatDelta for the desired
purpose, and remove any setup options they might have that serve the same purpose.
- cTimer no longer does any special "VFAT" handling to shorten directory names to 40
characters. When a string is used as a directory name for a recording, the maximum
length of the directory path, as well as the individual directory names, is now
limited to the values specified by the new command line option --dirnames (see
man vdr(1) for details). For backwards compatibility the option --vfat is still
available and has the same effect as --dirnames=250,40,1.
- The macro MaxFileName is now obsolete and may be removed in future versions. Use
NAME_MAX directly instead.
- There is no more fixed limit to the maximum number of cPixmap objects an OSD can
create. However, a particular device may still be unable to create an arbitrary
number of pixmaps, due to limited resources. So it's always a good idea to use
as few pixmaps as possible.
- Fixed formatting and removed some superfluous break statements in vdr.c's command
line option switch.
More information about the vdr