[vdr] Call for translations for VDR version 2.0.0

Marc vdr at ekass.net
Tue Feb 12 22:05:53 CET 2013

On 12/02/2013 18:14, syrius.ml at no-log.org wrote:
> Why the rush in willing to translate the po on your own then ?
> and why the hell are you using this "sorry it's not my fault i'm not
> perfect" kind of excuse ?
> this bit is just the worst translation ever, deal with it ! (not
> smiling anymore)
To end this useless discussion, it's sarcasm too. I can use a lot of
IMHO myself.  "sorry it's not my fault i'm not perfect" because it's
easy to criticize *after* someone make some work. Sorry for non French
reader, but there is a French expression far that (I'm not smiling
too) : "inspecteur des travaux finis" ! At first, I take your comments
and make some changes in my translation and try to discuss with you
about what I disagree. But it seems you take my comments as a personal
offense and I don't see any offense in my comments (?). Fortunately,
there are smarter guys there who try to sort things out (Thanks Bernard).

It's not really a rush but the last French translation was quite old
(2008) and the next stable release of VDR (2.0) is coming soon. You say
you don't use French so it doesn't matter to you but not to me. My
intend was to have at least a translation for this release even if it
was not perfect. Before this, I haven't see anything here about the
French translation and there was nothing in the dvbkivabien2 forum too.

I'm happy now because with this intervention, I'm sure there will be a
French translation in the next release, mine or an other, I don't care !

Regards,

Marc.