[vdr] half-viewed recordings, can they be moved at the top of the list?

Matti Lehtimäki matti.lehtimaki at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 21:25:16 CET 2013

On 01/06/2013 10:07 PM, VDR User wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:23 AM, Dominique<dplu at free.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> After reading all response, there is still an open question : why vdr do not
>> simply store inside setup.conf the latest path of played recording ?
>> As long it keep it in memory (press play resume the replay of records) ...
>>
>> You will say : what about removed records outside vdr program ? it allready
>> does by not playing them even if on the list , in my system, I read from a vdr
>> client under smb vdr tree of a server and remove records from client, vdr
>> server list is not allways up to date (a touch .update fix that)
>>
>> It should be nice to have this feature in the system like the xineliboutput
>> player plugin do
>
> What about when a guy watches his recording but can't finish so he
> stops it and will return later. Before he can return, his wife comes
> and watches her recording. The last recording will now be the one the
> wife watched and not the guy. Many VDR systems are used by multiple
> people, not just one person only. I think 3 "viewed" flags are fine to
> keep track of unviewed/partial viewed/complete viewed.

The History-plugin I posted to this thread remembers user defined number
of replayed recordings so it probably easier than searching through the
recording list for partially watched recordings. Replaying can be easily
started from the list. The plugin also handles removed recordings
appropriately.

The plugin also stores history of replayed files using xineliboutput's
Media Player. Replay of these can also be started from the plugin menu.

--
Matti