saa713x devices are collectively those PCI cards that are based upon one of the SAA713x chips, and which are supported under Linux by the saa7134 and associated kernel driver modules.
saa7134 and associated kernel driver modules
TV cards based on the saa713x chips are well supported by the saa7134 driver. The picture quality is typically high, and the sound can be taken directly from the TV card or through a patch cable to your sound card. On the text capture front, both teletext and NTSC closed captioning are supported.
Support for DMA sound, or sound taken directly off the PCI bus, has improved in the 2.6.16 kernel, thanks to the work of Ricardo Cerqueira and others. There are now two separate drivers for DMA sound, saa7134-alsa and saa7134-oss. In order to enable these in the kernel, you must first have selected support for ALSA and/or OSS under Sound. If you build both DMA devices as modules, you can use both alternately, though they cannot both be loaded at the same time.
While the saa7134-oss is listed as deprecated, there are still programs that have difficulties using ALSA's device enumeration, and the oss module remains useful.
These modules do not require parameters during insertion; for details see saa7134-alsa.
Supported saa713x devices
An up-to-date list of saa713x devices supported by V4L-DVB drivers is found in the CARDLIST.saa7134 file in the master development repository.
Devices supported by the kernel running on your system are listed in your local
<path_to_your_kernel_sources>/Documentation/video4linux/CARDLIST.saa7134. If you don't find your device listed here, but support for it is cited in the up-to-date sources (see above), then you will need to either upgrade to a more recent kernel that has already absorbed support for the device or, more simply, just get the latest V4L-DVB drivers. You can install the V4L-DVB modules on top of your existing kernel (see: detailed instructions), however, note that support for some devices may also require use of a newer kernel.
Getting an unlisted card to work
If your card is not listed, see the "How to add support for a device" article.
this part needs to be edited:
- ask for assistance on the v4l mailing list
- searchable archives.
- It may be a clone of a listed card ... card= entries may work for several similar cards.
- Full card names can be cross-referenced from drivers/media/video/saa7134/saa7134-cards.c.
Before buying a new TV card, it's always worth checking its support status on V4L documentation. However, be advised that, since some producers label with the same product name boards that, inside, are actually different, there is always some risk of buying an un- (or non-completely) supported card even if it appears to be. Spending some more time searching newsgroups and mailing lists for complains is recommended.
Make sure you post the findings of your investigations here and on the video4linux mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that saa7134-cards.c can be updated with a new card= entry for your card.
See Saa713x devices: Generic SAA7134 Card Installation for how to properly setup your saa7134-based tv tuner card or use the installation instructions for your specific card:
- ASUS My Cinema P7131H Dual
- ASUS TV-FM 7133
- ASUS TV-FM 7135
- ASUSTeK P7131 Dual
- ASUS Digimatrix TV
- Asus Europa2 OEM
- ASUS P7131 4871
- ASUSTeK P7131 Analog
- Asus Tiger 3in1
- Asus Tiger Rev:1.00
As described in AVerTV 305/307 Linux user guide (Russian language), the following cards are supported:
- AVerTV 305
- AVerTV Studio 305
- AVerTV 307
- AVerTV Studio 307
In addition, the following cards are known to work:
- AVerMedia Cardbus E500
- AVerMedia Cardbus Plus E501R (russian)
- AverMedia M156 / Medion 2819
- AVerMedia DVD EZMaker
- AVerMedia AVerTV GO 007
- AVerMedia AVerTV GO 007 FM
- AVerMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180
- AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid+FM Cardbus (E506R)
- AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid+FM PCI (A16D)
- AverMedia M103 (Hybrid) Mini PCI
- AverMedia M156
- AVerMedia DVD EZMaker
- AVerMedia AVerTVHD MCE A180
- AVerMedia A169 B
- AVerMedia A169 B1
- AVerMedia TV Hybrid A16A
- Avermedia AVerTV Studio 507
- Avermedia M102
- Avermedia Super 007
- Avermedia M115
- Avermedia DVB-S Pro A700
- Avermedia DVB-S Hybrid+FM A700
- AVerMedia MiniPCI DVB-T Hybrid M103
- Avermedia PCI pure analog (M135A)
- Avermedia AVerTV GO 007 FM Plus
- Avermedia AVerTV Studio 507UA
The brand is also refered to as Mentor. Bona Website
- Compro Videomate T750
- Compro VideoMate T300
- Compro VideoMate DVB-T220
- Compro VideoMate T200a
- Compro VideoMate T200
- Compro VideoMate TV Gold-Plus
- Compro VideoMate TV PVR/FM
- Compro VideoMate TV Gold-Plus PAL
- Compro VideoMate S350
- Compro VideoMate TV Gold+II
KNC One (KNC1)
- Studio TV Terminator (a.k.a. Global TV Terminator)
- NB-TV 100 CardBus
- DVB-T 220
- Kworld/KuroutoShikou SAA7130-TVPCI
- Kworld/Tevion V-Stream Xpert TV PVR7134
- Kworld Xpert TV PVR7134
- KWorld DVB-T 210
- Kworld Plus TV Analog Lite PCI
- FlyVideo3000FM and FlyVideo3000
- FlyVideo3000 PAL-N
- FlyDVB-T Hybrid
- FlyDVB-T Hybrid CardBus
- FlyDVB-T Duo CardBus
- FlyTV Platinum
- Pinnacle PCTV 40i
- Pinnacle PCTV 50i
- Pinnacle PCTV 110i
- Pinnacle PCTV 300i
- Pinnacle PCTV (310i)
- Pinnacle PCTV Stereo
- Pinnacle PCTV Stereo XE
- Terratec Cinergy 200 TV
- Cinergy 250 PCI
- Cinergy 400
- Cinergy 400TV mobile
- Cinergy 600
- Cinergy HT PCI
- Terratec Cinergy HT PCMCIA