There is now an open source driver available at Open Source TBS drivers.
Like many other TBS cards, this one uses saa716x PCI express bridge that still isn't available in the kernel tree.
- PCI-e x1
- Dual Tuner DVB-T/DVB-T2 card
- RF antenna pass-through
- NXP SAA7160ET PCI Express Based Audio And Video Bridge
- Silicon Labs si2168-B40 Demodulator (older versions have the si2168-A20)
- Silicon Labs si2158 Tuner
Making it Work (Closed Source)
- Follow the 'Make it Work (Closed Source)' instructions for the TBS 6280 until you need to type make to compile the drivers. Do not run the make command just yet!
- As per the readme provided by TBS, run one of the following depending on your system:
- for x86 kernel 3.x (x86 32 bit installations of kernel 3.x)
- # ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_r3.sh
- for x86 kernel 2.6.x (x86 32 bit installations of kernel 2.6.x)
- # ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86.sh
- for any x86_64 kernel (x86 64 bit installations of Linux)
- # ./v4l/tbs-dvbc-x86_64.sh
- You can then run the make command and continue the 6280 instructions to finish compiling the driver as normal.