RE: glitches, another story *g*

Am Mon, 09 Oct 2000 schrieb Plamen Ganev:
>> Those glitches are heat related.
>> I had the same effects last February. Like in your case they mostly
>> occured during high disk and CPU activity, even when they were
>> unrelated to recording.
>> They also were much more frequent when the CI interface was connected.
>> I have a fan blowing directly on the card since then and never
>> had that problem again.
>
>I can confirm that heat is a problem. But, I get the glitches on cold
>machine and card too. I need to isolate the problem better before reporting.

Will place a fan at my card and test it (lmsensors tells me my mainboard
temperature is 38°C)
- BTW, would be great if the LNB-output driver is only activated on demand -
makes the biggest heat despite it seems to be a switched power supply ;-(

If it's really a design failure of the cards would be great if Siemens would
give us replacements ...

But as i mentioned before - it can be a scheduling problem, i'am currently up to
patching Kurt 2.0 into my kernel, but's a horror - they changed so much from
2.2.9 to 14 that it won't apply without rejects ;-(
If someone with an earlier kernel could verify it, would be great.

Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index