RE: glitches, another story *g*

> >I can confirm that heat is a problem. But, I get the glitches on cold
> >machine and card too. I need to isolate the problem better
> before reporting.

Problem solved, but the solution is bad news...

Apparently the DVB card doesn't like a K6-233 processor. It's that simple,
but took me days to understand.

I tested several main boards (AsusTX97-E, some other Unknown VX and HX
chipsets), a couple of hard disks (quantum, ibm), and few processors (a
Pentium-S 100, A K6-233, a P233-MMX). I get perfect picture with the
pentiums. With the K6 I can get acceptable (not perfect!) picture when
clocked at 133 MHz (ouch!). The more I increase the clock, the more glithes.
The CI module seemed to have no relations with this (but may have heat
issues). The P233 will work fine even in a system with 75 and 83MHz bus...

Now, I don't understand why the K6 has this troubles. Maybe it's something
with it's weird bus access (it's not the same as the pentiums, if I
remember).

Is there anybody using the K6 (not the K6-2) on this list? Maybe he can
share it's experience.

Plamen.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index