[linux-dvb] Questions about NOVA/low-budget card

Hello,

I already thought about implementing some software for the DVB-S card. While
investigating the driver source I saw lot of source code that assumes
something of the hardware/firmware because no detailed specification is
available for the public. This is not a good starting point if someone likes
to develop some software for fun and not for commercial usage.

Now I'm looking for a NOVA card that has no own processor and no "black
box"-firmware. I'm hoping that getting the required information is easier
with this card. Does anybody (Ralph?) know if there is some technical
documentation available? Necessary input includes the information on how to
initialize the different IC. How to access the TS?

Do you think that investigating the Linux driver source code is enough to
understand how the different hardware components work together?

Best regards,

Anton

---