[linux-dvb] pes_filter question

Need some more detail one of the filter output flags.

DMX_OUT_DECODER is clear and not applicable to my budget card

DMX_OUT_TS_TAP is clear and I have been able to collect filtered packets
from /dev/dvr.

DMX_OUT_TAP is not clear. The documentation suggests that it is just the
payload data, without ts headers, etc.
    However, it's not clear from which device one collects the output
nor the format of the stream.
    If it is just the payload data, what happens to the PTS info in the
adaptation field?
    I tried to experiment by changing DMX_OUT_TS_TAP to DMX_OUT_TAP in
my earlier working test,
    my machine just hangs. I'm not sure if something is broken or I'm
just misusing the api.

My goal is to forward a PES (or whatever makes the most sense) stream to
an external decoder. Am I going in the right direction?
I've been trying to read 13818-1. Is the usage of the term "PES" in the
driver/doc the same as the ISO standard?

Thanks,

Steve

---