[linux-dvb] just questions;)

Well the first mail didn't reach the destination or what? :-)
Copy/Paste thing...
Hello ppl.

Thank to everyone that is related to DVB (either working or not for it).

I have problems using my Skystar 1 card & EON with linux.

So,let's begin:

a)I have downloaded siemens dvb version 0.8.2.

I'm using slackware (rulez:) 7.1 w/ 2.4.2 kernel.

After decompressing the file and doing all the steps that

required,everything is just fine.No errors.After running make insmod the

driver is initialized and i hear audio from some satellite channel(i hope

this is a normal situation,or what?)

Nevertheless the dvb0 is created but only when i make "make insmod"

Shouldn't it create the device every time that i boot the system?

Do i have to insmod it ? If yes how can i do it?(I never learnt about

modules,i think it's the right time;)

I tried to load them via rc.local but i get some errors despite the fact

that

i2c-core.o: i2c core module

Linux video capture interface: v1.00

video_dev: unable to get major 81

saa7146_core.o: saa7146(1): bus:0, rev:1, mem:0xc883c000.

VES1893: attaching VES1893 at 0x10 to adapter saa7146(1)

tuner: chip found @ 0x61

The fact is that if i "make isnmod" it will create dvb0 and everything

will work fine but i don't think that this is a solution.

2)videodev.o: init_module: Input/output error

How can i create the /dev/video device?

Do i have to create mknod?

3)Let's suppose that i don't care about video and want to use the driver

only for data via EON.

I have also downloaded dvbd2.tar.gz and dvbrouter.tar.gz.

What is going on with those files?

I realised that dvbd2.tar.gz is a daemon but after stracing it i also

release that it tries to find /dev/video which i don't have created and so

it exits,without reporting any error. I think that if i solve the

/dev/video problem the error will be reduced.

The dvbrouter.tar.gz is used for data or what?

4)Finally, if someone help me and solve the problems and everything

will work just fine,how can i use linux w/ EON in order to download via

it.I don't want to use squid or any proxy.

Do i have to play with the routing table?

Please give me all the necessary details.

Well (yeah) that's all.Thx in advance,sorry for so much question and take

care :)

---