[linux-dvb] Re: One tough question with sound disapearing

Benjamin Harling wrote:
> Yesterday all recordings (whether instant or timed) a showing the same
> thing: after it first has a few dropouts, the sound goes completely away
> within the first minute or shortly after it.

I have seen similar symptoms in some recordings, but not all:
The picture is perfect, but the sound has a lot of dropouts
or goes away entirely sometimes. I have not yet figured out
a system behind it, because I have a lot of recordings and I
sometimes watch them weeks after recording them.

Klaus has reported a while ago that he was experiencing sound
dropouts on channels with high bit rates, such as ARD.

It may have to do with the temperature of the card. Have you tried
cooling it? It may have something to do with your disk throughput.
Did you see any changes in the sound dropouts when you changed
hdparm settings? Or with the signal quality of your dish. Are you
seeing perfect quality with an anlog receiver? It may also be a
firmware or driver problem that is triggered by certain data or
at certain data rates.

Carsten.

---