[linux-dvb] One tough question with sound disapearing

Hi there,

I am experiencing a strange phenomenon with my Linux-DVB-Box, some of you
might be able to help me with.

Last week I built this incarnation of a Linux-VDR and was quite happy with
it. I made instant recordings and timed recordings and all went well.

Yesterday all recordings (whether instant or timed) a showing the same
thing: after it first has a few dropouts, the sound goes completely away
within the first minute or shortly after it.

I did not change anything I am aware of instead of fiddling with "hdparm."
But I went back to a configuration which worked earlier.

The phenomenon is there, whether I use vdr to initiate a recording or just
use "cat /dev/video > file", so it obviously hasn't anything to do with vdr.

I rebooted to make sure I'm not in an undefined state of the DVB-driver.
Same thing.

To my understanding it can't be a matter of troughput (allthough I had
problems with the responsiveness of lirc - which are solved by hdparm)
because the picture is mostly fine, some glitches like block-patterns,
though, from time to time.

If I would ask me, I'd be ready to point to the hardware if it wouldn't be
that the sound is just fine while watching TV "live".

What do you think?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bye, Benjamin

--
Benjamin Harling

mailto:benjamin.harling@web.de

Telefon (0531) 52255 * Telefax (0531) 2506787

---