[linux-dvb] Re: One tough question with sound disapearing

> There we are at the trouhput off the disk subsystem. hdparm is reporting an unbuffered transfer of approx. 12 MByte/s and buffered around 60 MByte/s after optimizing the parameters. Even with this disk unoptimized (unbuffered transfer of around 2 MByte/s) I was able to make perfect recordings a few days ago.

Could you double check what happens if you disable DMA again?
It may sound very stupid, but I have the feeling that reduced disk speed
gives you problems with lirc but improves recording! Some kind of DMA
collisions?

> That leaves the temperature and that could very well be. I'll check into that and let you know. Alas, I can't leave the case open because my little children are around.

I don`t think thats a problem.
I have all parts for a nice small extra vdr-computer here, but hadn`t
time to finish this for weeks. So I go on wasting energy and roasting my
HD`s as I did for about a year now. (24h/day uptime currently >80days)

I use a (closed) tower,
Athlon-600 (one of the first ones, that could be used as stove)
3 HD`s (Maxtor 20+60+80)
WinTV DVB-s
with no additional cooling.

Michal