[linux-dvb] Re: ?: How I can recording video PES to a file with NAPI

Varga Zsager Peter writes:
 > Hi!
 >
 > >         pesFilterParamsA.output = DMX_OUT_TS_TAP;(DMX_OUT_TAP for pes)
 >
 > > 	then I open the dvr device
 > >
 > > 	fdstap = open("/dev/ost/dvr0", O_RDONLY);
 >
 > > and start to read the transport streams from the card.
 >
 > I have tried it, but I can read nothing from the dvr device, it seem to be
 > waiting for the data.
 > When I would like to read PES and not TS, than I need to read from the
 > /dev/ost/dvr device and not from /dev/ost/demux?
 > I have 2.2.18 version kernel and RedHat 7.0, the kernel version can be
 > perhaps the problem?

Right now you can only record audio and video together.
You have to set filters for both before recording.
Fixing it to allow audio OR video only recordings should not
be too difficult (and is on my list), but allowing audio and video from
different channels would be something different.

All this only applies to the filters of type PES_VIDEO and PES_VIDEO,
i.e. those which go to the MPEG2 decoder. That's because the recording
process of those is very different to that of the other filters.
You can of course set filters of type PES_OTHER independently of
each other.

Ralph

---