[linux-dvb] I found a way to display still .jpg and .ppm s on the TV

Maybe all of you already figured this out.
the way I am doing it is a bit complicated:

I have: xx.jpg
Then I resize it with 'display' (part of imagemagick) to 352x288
Nwxt convert it to .ppm with djpeg -pnm xx.jpg >frame.1.ppm

Make a special parameter file for mpeg_encode (for just frame.1.ppm)
mpeg_encode single-frame.param
This results in (for example) movie.mpg (VERY short)

Then I wrote a very small C program that sends the movie.mpg
REPEATEDLY to /dev/video
 (without closing that device)

Result, nice still picture.
Maybe I will make a script of this, if anyone is interested
I could write a more 'generic' form perhaps.
So far the resize is manual.
Regards
Jan

---