[linux-dvb] Re: outcommand error 1 and ARM RESET

Am 22.03.01, schrieb Marcus Kuba <marcus@kuba4u.de> ...

> So now I have just another problem... find some Windows-user who is
> willing to change his old card with my new one or wait (how long?) until
> the new tuner-chip is supported with the linux-drivers.

OK.. I have found some windows-only user with a 2-month-old 1.3 version
who is willing to change but I'm not sure if I really shall do it :-).
The new design seems to have a few advantages, especially if I'm right in
my assumption that the new Mini-DIN-Connector is in fact the old
J2-jumperblock just brought to the back and as such making it unnecessary
to fiddle around with hardware-wiring when you want to use YC- or RGB-Output.
As I currently can't test it with my hardware (better... I am really
tired of repeatedly exchanging the cards in the PC, Windows doesn't seem
to like more than on DVB-S at a time – and at the moment I also don't
have RGB/YC-Cinch-to-Scart Cables), I'm tending more to the exchange
because my primary goal at the moment is to get my VDR running as fast as
possible.

Nevertheless, after talking to Martin Springer at the cebit yesterday I
may put something together with the information I have from the
linuxtv-FAQ and the Message-Boards. I also think it is now time for a
GERMAN VDR-Page, so I won't do anything in english.
As a first step, there is a picture of the new hardware available under
http://www.kuba4u.de/Bilder/Hauppauge2.1.jpg (300dpi-scan of
card/connector-cable, >800kB). More pictures and maybe some tables
(especially regarding the J2/Mini-DIN-stuff, not tested but just
conclusions...) will follow...

> And... have you tried to contact "Overdrive", the maker of the
> WinDVBlive-Software? Since he also had to update his software (1305 also
> won't tune, 1309 is told to work), maybe he could help...

FYI: I have just mailed him about providing some sources and am now
waiting for an answer...

Greetings,   Marcus

---