[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Why compress a VDR movie again ?

> In the meantime you have some other choices. Think about a tape-drive,

I use the Onstream Di-30 wit 1MB/sec (the SI-30 does even 2MB/sec) which is
quite cheap (DM450,-). Unfortunately the tapes are currently so expensive
(DM95,-), that i could buy Maxtor hard disks instead :-(

> 5.2GB with Generation I, or 9.2 GB with Generation 2 Drives, enough for

Together with the high price for the writer even here hard disks are cheaper,
but at least one has random access, the endless rewinding of the tapes makes
no fun :-(

---