[linux-dvb] Re: Latest CVS Driver and 2 CIs??

Hi!

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Michael Moster wrote:
> Nice, but in witch way the driver identify the first (DVB-Card) and the
> second and so on ? Why I ask for: On my 'old' System (GA 5AX Board) the
> first Card was near to the AGP slot, on my 'new' Box the first ist the
> other one. (I tryed out all I Know like turn the Cards and switch the
> interrups of the Cards inside the BIOS)
> Any Ideas?

It's based on the logical numbers of each PCI slot which are derived from
the "device" numbers, besides "busses" and "functions" (first column of
`lspci`). They depend on how the board engineers and PCB designers made
the wiring between certain signal lines from the chipset and the PCI
slots' pins. Be happy if the logical numbers at least follow a straight
order from the left to the right, or vice versa.

Bye,
     Rolf