[linux-dvb] Winfast 4x

Hi,

I just got my Winfast 4x. But I have got some problems installing it. I'm
using kernel 2.4.4 and found the CMI 8738 directly supported without extra
alsa source compiling. I was able to play mp3 and so on through the normal
(whats Klinke in English) "Klinke" output.

After this I installed ac3dec on my system. I extracted an ac3 stream out
of an existing vob file using
./tools/extract_ac3 <filename.vob> > <filename.ac3>
Afterwards I played it with ac3dec:

dvb:/usr/src/sat/ac3dec-0.6.1# ./ac3dec /video0/thx.ac3
ac3dec-0.6.1 (C) 2000 Aaron Holtzman (aholtzma@ess.engr.uvic.ca)
5.1 Mode 48.0 KHz 384 kbps Complete Main Audio Service

But I got no signal either on optical nor on electrical Digital Out. The
Dips on the optical modules are 1 off, 2on, 3 off, 4 on. I used the
SPDIF-Out on the Soundcard and the Optical Out on the Optical Module.

When this problem is solved - how do I connect my dvb card to the
Soundcard, or will the sound passed through the PCI-bus?

Thanks

    Gernot

--
Gernot A. Weber
http://www.tux-web.de

Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important stuff
on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it.

                              Linus Torvalds, after a hard drive crash