[linux-dvb] Re: VDR runtime environiment & VDR feature request

Alfred Zastrow wrote:

> But I need a help from * Klaus *:
>
> problem 1:
> ----------
> At the moment is the place, where vdr it's epg.data stores, hardcoded at
> /video/epg.data.In my system /video is linked to the hard disc, so every
> epg-dumping starts the disk. I would like a patch or configuration
> parameter to store thin on an other place, maybe /tmp. (which is in the
> ram in my case)

I'll add a command line option for that in the next release.

> problem 2:
> HD starting takes about 2-3 seconds. How can I increase the recording
> buffer to prevent it from overrun?

I can make VDR try to write/read a random file in the /video directory
before starting a recording. That way it would automatically have to wait
until the disk spins up (and if it is already running not much time would be
lost). Can you please try whether a write operation to a stopped disk returns
immediately, or only after the disk has spinned up? If the first is the case,
then this method wouldn't help much...

Klaus