[linux-dvb] VDR runtime environiment & VDR feature request

Hi guys,

I built a minimized system for running vdr in a dedicated system in less
then 12 MB.

I've uploadet this stuff to

http://alfred.zastrow.bei.t-online.de/vdr-rte-0.1.tar.bz2  (3.7 MB)

The tarball contains the root file system from *my* vdr-machine.
The documentation is not ready yet (only a little bit in german).

Some ideas & features:
----------------------

- devfs, ramfs

- it copies the nessesary files into a ram based fs and turns
   the hd off (But see feature request later in this mail)

- driver loading, unloading & vdr starting automaticly after booting

- nfs-server,telnet, glibc 2.2.3, Midnight Commander

Please take a look at it, any comments are welcome.
Depending on the feedback I'll add a english documentation and some
configuration-stuff (or delete it :-) )

But I need a help from * Klaus *:

problem 1:
----------
At the moment is the place, where vdr it's epg.data stores, hardcoded at
/video/epg.data.In my system /video is linked to the hard disc, so every
epg-dumping starts the disk. I would like a patch or configuration
parameter to store thin on an other place, maybe /tmp. (which is in the
ram in my case)

problem 2:
HD starting takes about 2-3 seconds. How can I increase the recording
buffer to prevent it from overrun?

Alfred