[linux-dvb] Re: Card revision 2.1

Hi!

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Joachim Franek wrote:
> BTW: this card has no loop through (very bad for me).

What kind of devices did you plug to the loop thru connector? It should be
obvious that you can't join two working LNB power supplies to the same
line simultaneously. So you are only able to connect a passive device which
doesn't feed any DC voltage - or there is a DC blocking between LNB-in and
LNB-thru of the DVB card (I don't know). At any case the 2nd/slave device
can receive broadcast stations only from that polarity plane which is
already selected by the master, i.e. the DVB card, via 13/18 volts
switching. Does this make sense?

Bye,
     Rolf