[linux-dvb] MSI-6215 S-Video out

Hi all,

I'm using a MSI-6215 as my VDR box, simply because it's small and fits
nicely with other HiFi equipment.

As somewhere else stated here before, the Siemens card is a bit too long to
fit the HD at the place where it's supposed to be. However, as nobody needs
floppy drives anymore, I put the HD in the floppy mount. Actually I'm planning
to put the HD in sideways - then it should even be possible to have two HDs
above the CD-R (wouldn't it be nice to archive some TV series?).

The 6215 has S-Video out - does anybody have an idea if and how it could be
used directly from vdr (as a "dummy" dvb card) for replay only. This way, for
time shift, only one DVB card would be necessary and one wouldn't have to
fiddle around with the connector on the sat card to get S-Video out. Is this
possible without using X?

Bernd

http://www.gmx.net