[linux-dvb] Re: MSI-6215 S-Video out

Bernd_MUC@gmx.de wrote:
> The 6215 has S-Video out - does anybody have an idea if and how it could be
> used directly from vdr (as a "dummy" dvb card) for replay only. This way, for
> time shift, only one DVB card would be necessary and one wouldn't have to
> fiddle around with the connector on the sat card to get S-Video out. Is this
> possible without using X?

The only solution I can think of is a hardware solution:
Disconnect the S-Video out jack from whatever it is connected
to right now and connect it to the DVB-S card's S-Video out.

I have put an additional S-Video out jack into an existing hole
of my vdr PC case and I am using it all the time
("insmod dvb.o vidmode=2 ...").

Actually, my setup is: VDR in the living room, S-Video out and
optical SPDIF out (from 4xsound card) connected to the AC3
amp. Normal video and audio out (slot cover of DVB-S card)
connected to an old-fashioned VCR that serves as a
"line amplifier" for the remote bedroom via an antenna cable
that also carries the remote control signal the other way.

Works well for me.

Carsten.