[linux-dvb] Re: Remote control of rev 2.1 cards

"RedOx" <redox@red0x.org> writes:

> >Christoph Martin writes:
> > >
> > > I wrote an extension for dvb.c to support the remote control auf the
> > > rev 2.1 cards over the weekend. It works great for me. I append the
> > > patch.
> > >
> > > My code works as a plugin for lirc_dev and registers the device
> > > /dev/lirc. So you can use the LIRCD function of DTV. I also append the
> > > lircd.conf. It was copied from the hauppauge wintv conf and modified.
> >
> >I put the files on my website:
> >
> > > -- No attachments (even text) are allowed --
> > > -- Type: text/plain
> > > -- Desc: patch
> >
> >http://www.uni-mainz.de/~martin/lircd.conf
> >
> > > -- No attachments (even text) are allowed --
> > > -- Type: text/plain
> > > -- Desc: lircd.conf
> >
> >http://www.uni-mainz.de/~martin/dvb.c.patch
> >
> >Christoph
>
> Is this patch made to use the connector from the new wintv dvbs?

Yes it is.

> because i tried it and it seems not to work - the device is registered but
> when i try to make an irrecord, i get this (without hitting any key) :

You can't use irrecord with this remote control. From the manpage:

       oscilloscope. Very useful for debugging.  Of  course  this
       program  won't work with hardware that decodes the signals
       itself like e.g. TV cards or the Irman.

Just use the lircd.conf from my site, start lircd and then you can use
any of the lirc commands. For testing I used a .lircrc:

----------------
begin
        prog = irpty
        button = MUTE
        config = MUTE
end

begin
        prog = irpty
        button = SOURCE
        button = SOURCE
        config = SOURCE
end

and then executed: 'irpty ~/.lircrc -- cat'

This will give you some output if you press the MUTE button once or
the SOURCE button twice.

You also should see the debug output from dvb.c in your syslog.

Christoph