[linux-dvb] Re: another patch for remote control with rev 2.1

Hi,

First excuse me if it is not totally related...
I agree with you that it would be nice if we can use the builtin receiver
with LIRC.

Now what i do not understand is how that work: How LIRC receive the event,
if the card already decoded it? Would it work with an other remote or does
it work only with the remote coming with the card? Could i use an universal
remote, and receive other event than the one existing in the furnished
remote?
I need a universal remote because i want to use a motorized antena... and it
seems that there aren't any DVB card that could do DISECQ 1.2... is that
right ? Are the APIs forseeing DISECQ 1.2 ?

One other thing is that i do not understand why you would add the LIRC
driver's code inside the dvb driver instead of adding a new module to the
LIRC code (like for the other TV card if i understand) ?

I have to say that all this is new for me: i just receive the card, it is
working under windows but not yet under linux...

Marc