[linux-dvb] Re: Automatical VDR wake up. (Was: Powersave updated!!)

Sergei Haller wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Aug 2001, Peter Seyringer wrote:
>
> > I have updated my project "Powersave". ...
> > There is now no support for vdr, so i need some people how help me to
> > implement them into vdr.
>
> Im experementing with wake on rtc (but havent much time, though) at the
> moment. Someone on the list wrote something about automatical wake on lan.

My solution with wake on lan can be easily modified for other
power on techniques.
It constists of a little C program, that reads a timers.conf
file and calculates when to power on and off the box
as well as the next timer's begin (all this information
is written in a file which can be used for scripting).
the rest ist done with a few tiny scripts ...
I guess you can use most of it for RTC too.

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=