[linux-dvb] Re: little prob

kai wrote:

> ok, my prob is stil AC3 so I downloaded the ALSA beta6 driver and wanted
> to unpack them
> (i ve found a nice litte guide how to setup ac3).
> the problem is, i am not even able to unpack them.
> the first thing is they have then ending .bz2
> if i try to unpack them with tar -xzf (as written in the HOWTO at the
> also website) i get an error message:
> tar -xzf alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2

depending on your distribution and the version of tar you are useing,
you have to unpack the archive with one of the following:

tar xfvI alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2 (suse)
tar xfvy alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2
tar xfvj alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2
tar xfvi alsa-driver-0.9.0beta6.tar.bz2

bzip2 is not zip! you can unpack a bzip2 archive with bunzip, too!

best regards ...
clemens