[linux-dvb] Re: NVOD Channels - Endtime and Grouping

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi Klaus ...
> hi all ...
>
> 2 things to the NVOD channels ..
> It is really nice to see the start times of the transmissions .. but for
> timers it would be usefull to know the endtimes ... especialy on the NVOD
> Channels the sart of the following transmission is not the endtime of the
> current transmission .. is there a way to get this time and use it as a
> endtime for recordings ...

When a timer is programmed via the EPG menu, the Duration as transmitted in
the EIT data is used to calculate the end time of the timer (see config.c
cTimer::cTimer(const cEventInfo *EventInfo)). Apparently the duration is just
set to the difference between two subsequent start timer. So I'm afraid there's
nothing we can do about this.

> It would be nice to see which recording starts on which NVOD Channel . A
> way to get this would be to include some kind of "NVOD" groupdelimiter
> which is not shown but defines the next %N channels as a group of channels
> .. if you look at the EIT/EPG Information while in such a group you see
> the starttimes of all channels in the group and the number on which the
> transmission starts ... the format could be something like
>
> ;#Cinedome 1;4
>
> The ";" to be backwards compatible
> The "#" as a special NVOD Group delimiter
> Cinedome 1 as the Name of the Group (to be showed in the EIT/EPG
> Information)
> The "4" to define the next 4 Channels are members in the NVOD Group ..

PLEASE - not another group separator!!!
The ones we already have are trouble enough!
The right direction to go here would be to filter the EPG entries of NVOD
channels (which can be detected because they are specially set in eit.c)
and show them in a menu of their own. I don't think that there should be
a special treatment in channels.conf for that.

Klaus