[linux-dvb] Re: Serious Playback probs

tilo@diredare.de(Tilo Renkl)  31.08.01 17:02

Once upon a time Tilo Renkl shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi @all

>sorry for writing again and again, but I have serious problems with
>the playback funktion of VDR.
>Every time I playback a movie with I have recorded, the VDR hangs
>completely. Not the system but at least the VDR.

During a simple replay?
Never had this. (0.93+that driver)
Except, when the receiver could not receive anything anymore...
That seems to be something VDR (or the card?) really do not like.

>While editing marks, forward and rewind the system stops suddenly and
>is not responding any more. Even killing the vdr and restart does not
>solve the problem. There an NO messages is var/log/messages or
>/var/log/vdr. Only restarting the whole PC can solve the prob.

>Any hints ??

try

#killall vdr
#
#cd ../DVB/drivers
#
#make reload
#
#cd ../VDR
#
#runvdr

It might be useful for helping you if you tell which
versions of VDR, DVB and which DVB-cards(s) you use.
And which kind of RC (LIRC?)