[linux-dvb] Re: Compiling Tuxzap, Warning while cross compiling.

Hi!

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, harald wrote:
> > With former dvb package versions exactly this problem could be solved by
> > removing the file acinclude.m4 before running autogen.sh. But later
> > versions don't have acinclude.m4 in their tarball any more.
> This file is not a part of the packet i tried to compile but i found the file
> in following directories:
> /usr/src/linux-2.4.3/alsa-driver-0.5.10b/acinclude.m4   53.396    23.Jan.2001
> /usr/src/amanda-2.4.2/config/acinclude.m4     25.964     25.Nov.2000.

Those files in remote directories have no bad effect here. Don't delete
them.

> > Anyway, if you remove acinclude.m4 you should also delete all files
> > created by the previous autogen.sh run. Or better, unpack the tarball
> > into an emptied directory again.
> I tried to do what you wrote here.
> Unfortunately the file is not part of the package.
> So i still get the same errors.

I just checked the same procedure: running autogen.sh of dvb-0.9-20010816
on Mandrake 8.0 with kernel 2.4.9. I'm sorry, but I don't get these
errors. The log is:

| [crest@diadem tuxzap]$ ./autogen.sh
| **Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
| If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
| `./autogen.sh' command line.
|
| processing .
| Running aclocal  ...
| Running autoheader...
| configure.in:97: warning: Cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
| Running automake --gnu  ...
| automake: configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
| automake: configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
| automake: configure.in: installing `./missing'
| automake: configure.in: installing `./config.guess'
| automake: configure.in: installing `./config.sub'
| Running autoconf ...
| configure.in:97: warning: Cannot check for file existence when cross compiling
| Skipping configure process.

The subsequent run of ./configure is without errors, too.

The only differences to your proceeding are
- kernel 2.4.9,
- called as normal user.
But I can't see a serious influence by these items.

The missing of `AM_PATH_GTK' may arise if you compiled the GTK package by
yourself. But I don't think you did that. (I had this error with another
elderly Linux distribution.)

So I have no more ideas.

Bye,
     Rolf