[linux-dvb] Re: Entering file names ...

Am 06.09.2001, schrieb Matthias Weingart <matthias@pentax.boerde.de> ...

> But nevertheless, I already have a wireless keyboard connected to the
> machine, why not enable keyboard and lirc at the same time?

YES... that's exactly what I wanted to ask for.. you where a bit faster
:-)
Most time I use a compact IR-Keyboard (and a programmable IR which I
learned the Keyboard-Codes) and I have none of the Alphabetic keys
assigned to the Remote (TAB is Menu, Backspace is Back, Enter is OK and
the Pos1/PgUp/PgDn/End-Keys [last vertical row at the right] are the
colours). So the most obvious way to enter Text would be to use the
Keyboard...

Klaus:
> I mean, how often do you really enter a file name? Most of the
> time using the EPG should be possible, and for those few times
> where you need to enter a name manually, the current solution
> IMHO is completely sufficient. The idea of having to use an extra

Well... since there is no hierarchical structure for the recordings
(yet... :-).. if I'd like to have all SciFi, Western, Drama, Comedy,
Erotic-Movies... appear together in the list, the only way to get them
sorted somehow is to change the names and put things like "SF:", "WES:",
"DRA:", "COM:" and "ERO:"... in FRONT. And here comes the biggest
drawback in the current editing-mechanism: NO way to INSERT or (in the
middle) delete text. So you have to cut it all away with "^" and then
re-enter the whole stuff again with the Genre-marker in front.

Greetings,  Marcus