[linux-dvb] Re: Channel switching

Am 8.9.2001 um 17:22 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> > But i have the same Channel not sync'ed! messages with my rev 1.3 Card.
> And, does it get better when you apply my suggested patch?

Yes.

Without this patch some channels can't be synced after three try's. With
this patch the channel sync's most by the second try.

(rev. 1.3 card)

> Here on my system I have had it running for the past few hours
> and it looks a _lot_ better. There were only one or two cases
> where a channel didn't sync even after two retries, but all the
> other cases where it didn't sync at the first attempt succeeded
> after the first retry. Before the patch, once it started to
> fail, there were a great many cases where all three attempts to
> switch to a certain channel failed.

It was the same here.

BTW: I had in the past two rev. 1.3 cards in my system, allthough the
     second card switches after 20 seconds to an other channel it's ever
     the first card that can't sync. So i would assume that it has to do
     with the time between two channel switches. I have changed the
     timeout in the mainloop of ctest.c from three seconds to one second.
     With this the error occurs extremly often (approx after 7 channel
     tuning attempts).

Ciao, Thomas