[linux-dvb] dvbd and hauppauge wintv sat nova model 542

I'm trying to use WinTV-NOVA model 542 to receive Netsystem data.

I tryed with siemens drivers 0.8.2 but i didn't suceed in receiving video,
audio. I received some appearance of data on dvb0 but i don't know who was
sending.
Tuxview hangs up with problems with /dev/video so does vdr and dvbd.

Then I tried with latest siemens drivers but tuxview continues hanging with
the same problem,
while vdr is able to record data. The network interface dvb0 is not
available anymore. I suceeded in enabling the interface (now dvb0_0) by a c
program wich i found on a message in the mailing list.

However the dvbd application doesn't work reporting the same problem with
/dev/video. I read that new siemens drivers use a different api in order to
tune and set card settings but this is not used by dvbd.

I tryed with all kernel versions > 2.4.0 i found and redhat 7.1.

Before continuing this way to madness I have some questions:

1) Is WinTV-NOVA the origin of this problems with /dev/video.
2) Is it possible to use this card for my main purpose? (NETSYSTEM).
3) If yes. Should I wait for new version of DVBD?

I hope someone would answer my questions in order for me (at least) to turn
off the computer and go to bed.

Hopefully

Luigi Lumento
luigi.lumento@tin.it