[linux-dvb] help on timing stuff

Hi, I would like to know how I can determinate the exact istant when the TS
packet (that matches the currently demux rules) is received in the buffer
of the sat-dvb card or when it is sent to the driver.

I would like also to know if it is possible to get the current status of
the STC.

My target is to determinate the exact receiving time istant in order to
estimate the jitter on the packets. I know that a good correction of the
jitter is obtained from  "max(PCR - STC)" but I would like to follow
another "kernel" way (do_gettimeofday at every TSP receved with the same
pid, and then subtract).

Any advices?

Giancarlo Baracchino
student at Telecommunications Engineering, Pisa
mobile: +39 338 2200917