[linux-dvb] DivX on DVB with MPlayer - new list!

Arpi <arpi@thot.banki.hu> writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I've just commited the new mpegpes/dvb driver of MPlayer.
 > It's able to play any YV12 25fps video via the DVB card, for
 > example DivX/Mpeg4/MJpeg avi/asf and non-standard mpeg movies!
 > For details, read DOCS/DVB in mplayer CVS.

It should also work with NTSC formats, i.e. 29.9 and 30 fps. There had
been some trouble with older drivers, but the latest ones can play
more formats. You would need an NTSC capable TV, though.

 > A few words about my near-future plans:
 > - audio playback through the DVB card (currently it uses soundcard)
 > - display OSD and subtitles using DVB card's OSD feature
 > - better (more fluent) playback of non-25fps movies
 > - more speed optimizations
 > - YUY2 support (for win32 codecs, like Indeo5 and WMV 7/8)
 > - realtime transcoding between mpeg2 <-> mpeg4 (partial decompression)
 >
 > I've just created a new mailling list for the MPlayer & DVB topic.
 > If you're interested, please subscribe:

 > I will post mplayer DVB-related announces there, and you can ask/discuss
 > your DVB-related mplayer problems there.

If you are using the DVB API than this should not only work on the DVB
cards, but also on other cards using the API. I will test it with the
Margi PCMCIA DVD card tomorrow. The Margi even supports more MPEG
formats, as does the EM8400, but we can't publish those drivers
(stupid NDA).

Marcus