[linux-dvb] Re: Ideas for DVBVideoLan / Question to Convergence developers

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 06:30:49PM +0100, Ren? Bartsch wrote:

>  Hi,

>  I've thought about where to connect to the Convergence-driver with
>  DVBVideoLan.

>  The simpliest way would be to grab the complete PS/PES-stream sent to
>  the hardware decoder, buffer it for avoiding underruns or breaks and
>  to send it by RTP.

If you strip the PCR stream from the MPEG-2 TS and just send the PES,
how would you deal with clock synchronization on the remote decoder?

(Given that the remote decoder isn't running at exactly 27mhz how would
you cope with data arriving from the broadcaster too fast/slow?)

--
 ()=  | Toby Jaffey : pkl.net/~trj
//\   | Mescaline, the only way to fly.