[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-t

On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, Matthieu Weber wrote:
> North american digital cable systems don't use DVB afaik. They use 6MHz
> wide channels instead of 8MHz in Europe (or reversed ?). So no, it'll
> probably not work.

I've downloaded and read the specs. NTSC systems use 6mhz with QAM64 or
QAM256, PAL/SECAM use 8mhz with QAM16, QAM32, or QAM64.

Is the channel width a function of the analogue tuner? I see specs for
some DVB-C cards which claim capability to decode everything from
QAM16-QAM256. Maybe the bandwidth is a programmable function also?

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]